About the Job
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Answerable to: Group CTO
This position is under DriveMark Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned company of KATSANA Holdings Sdn Bhd.
DriveMark is a rewards ecosystem for safe drivers. Through DriveMark app, it tracks and scores driving behavior, allowing drivers to compete in national ranking to win prizes and fairer motor insurance.
We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing our product’s API services. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You are expected to:
- Write usable, testable and efficient code
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, high-scalability and performance applications
- Implement security and data protection
- Integrate data storage solutions including but not limited to MySQL, Redis, Firebase Realtime DB
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it including but not limited to; ExpressJS, etc.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages including but not limited to; EJS, etc.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments, including but not limited to; JWT Tokens, OAuth2, Firebase Auth.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Knowledge of cloud services will be an advantage (Firebase, AWS).
Submitting Job Application
To apply for this position, please submit the documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume that lists past experience & products/projects
- Link to Github profile
- Sample of works (Preferably in production site)
- Brief introduction of yourself and motivations to apply for this position
As a test to ensure only candidates with an eye for detail gets through (and you have read the entire listing), please let us know your favorite food in the email.