About the Job
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Experience: 3+ years managing software engineering teams, 5+ years experience engineering on consumer products
Answerable to: Group CTO
This position is under DriveMark Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned company of KATSANA Holdings Sdn Bhd.
DriveMark is a rewards ecosystem for safe drivers. Through DriveMark app, it tracks and scores driving behavior, allowing drivers to compete in national ranking to win prizes and fairer motor insurance.
Head of Engineering is responsible for both technical and managerial leadership of the DriveMark Core Systems department. You will wear multiple hats as a player and a coach. The heads are often strongest contributors and expected to meet or exceed all of the technical and non-technical expectation of a Senior Software Engineer.
You will lead a full-stack software engineering team, scaling and developing the team as the company and products grow. You will be close to key business stakeholders to help define product strategy, goal and plan work to deliver high impact products. You will be a hands-on engineering manager with a strong technical background in delivery reliable systems that can scale, overseeing tens of millions of trips daily.
If you are passionate about building high performance engineering team to make an impact, come and join DriveMark!
You are expected to:
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers
- Collaborate tightly with Group CTO, Product Vision department, and other departments to define product vision and deliver strong customer-focused experiences
- Provide technical oversight to build reliable and easily maintainable application infrastructure
- Design and build new features in DriveMark app and Platform, actively participating in code reviews and delivery high quality solutions
- Actively contribute to team and company, to grow oneself and team members
- Partner with talent acquisition personnel to hire and grow talents in the engineering team
To apply for DriveMark Head of Engineering, an ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience working on consumer-facing products
- 3+ years experience managing software engineering teams
- Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, system architecture and excellent programming skills
- Experience with taking products from conception to launch through the entire life-cycle of software design, implementation, testing and operations
- Highly collaborative and passionate about mentorship and leadership
Candidates with the following experience would be highly desirous:
- Knowledge of public cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud
- Knowledge on micro-services
- Knowledge of storage and messaging systems (Postgre, MySQL, Redis, S3, SQS)
Submitting Job Application
To apply for this position, please submit the documents listed below to [email protected]
- Resume that lists past experience & products/projects
- Brief introduction of yourself and motivations to apply for this position
As a test to ensure only candidates with an eye for detail gets through (and you have read the entire listing), please let us know your favorite sports in the email.