About the Job
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Experience: 3+ years managing teams of product managers, 5+ years experience in designing consumer products
Answerable to: CEO of DriveMark Sdn Bhd
This position is under DriveMark Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned company of KATSANA Holdings Sdn Bhd.
DriveMark is a rewards ecosystem for safe drivers. Through DriveMark app, it tracks and scores driving behavior, allowing drivers to compete in national ranking to win prizes and fairer motor insurance.
Head of Product Vision is responsible at a foundational level of how DriveMark product design, user experience and vision is shaped. The Product Vision team is responsible to design a holistic experience for our customers across all interaction mediums and platforms.
Your team will work closely with DriveMark Core Systems department, Operations department, UI/UX consultants, sales & conversion team, customers and partners, marketing team, customer success team and the management to bring out the most innovative behavior-based motor insurance application in the region.
You are expected to:
- Be a mentor and a manager. Manage and grow a team of talented Product Managers and Designers.
- Work alongside the management and other cross-functional stakeholders across the organisation
- Guide the team and organisation on best product management practices and processes
- Champion user experience and design in everything you do
- Influence both company and product strategy through your team’s work
An ideal Head of Product Vision would have the characters below:
- Be an avangelist of the product both internally and externally
- Be a visionary. Plan, own and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap, including long-term vision, milestone and prioritization
- Be structured. Collect and maintain a deep understanding of product’s use-case, synthesized from customers, would-be customers, and management direction interviews, market data analysis, and user feedback.
- Be innovative. Bring innovative, unique product ideas for consideration of roadmap
- Be detailed. Able to write detailed requirements of product features based on well-defined use cases.
- Be expressive. Able to illustrate your ideas to product team managers through sketches, or other mediums, including digital.
- 5+ years in designing consumer products
- 3+ years in managing teams of products managers
- Successful track record with ability to articulate thoughts through design
- Demonstrable design-thinking methodology
- Passion for digging into complex, hard-to-solve problems and conundrums
- Experience leading teams that have shipped both mobile apps as well as web applications
Submitting Job Application
To apply for this position, please submit the documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume that lists past experience & products/projects
- Brief introduction of yourself and motivations to apply for this position
As a test to ensure only candidates with an eye for detail gets through (and you have read the entire listing), please let us know your favorite sports in the email.