About the Job
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Experience: 3+ years in designing consumer products (preferably mobile apps)
Answerable to: Head of Product Vision
This position is under DriveMark Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned company of KATSANA Holdings Sdn Bhd.
DriveMark is a rewards ecosystem for safe drivers. Through DriveMark app, it tracks and scores driving behavior, allowing drivers to compete in national ranking to win prizes and fairer motor insurance.
You are expected to:
- Work closely with Head of Product Vision and Product Managers to conceptualize, sketch ideas, experiment with new designs (A/B testings), interview customers & potential customers to deliver an exceptional experience on DriveMark mobile apps and web platforms.
- Be active in defining product strategy & roadmaps together with Product Managers, and Head of Product Vision.
- Create beautiful interfaces with well-thought out user experience and clear user journey
- Create wireframes that simplifies complex problems into clear & easy-to-understand user flows
- Learn everything that relates to user experience, user motivations and pain points in motor insurance industry.
- Work closely with your Product Vision team and cross departments such as Engineering and Marketing
- Present your work to management and peers in the company.
- Conduct research and A/B testing exercise to vet and quantify ideas before designing them
- Build interactive or motion-enabled prototypes on prototyping services
- Design modular systems that allow building a beautiful, consistent product with strong brand appeal easier.
An ideal DriveMark Software Product Designer (Mid-Level) would be:
- Be an evangelist of the product both internally and externally
- Be structured. Collect and maintain a deep understanding of product’s use-case, synthesized from customers, would-be customers, and management direction interviews, market data analysis, and user feedback.
- Be innovative. Distill requirements from Product Managers and Head of Product Vision into simplified, clearly structured product designs
- Be detailed. Every. Pixel. Matters. You dont just design, but you anticipate user needs, and ways to amplify your design through relatable animations
- Be expressive. Able to illustrate your ideas to product team managers through sketches, or other mediums, including digital.
- 3+ years in designing consumer products & mobile applications, preferably shipped
- Successful track record with ability to articulate thoughts through design
- Demonstrable design-thinking methodology
- Passion for digging into complex, hard-to-solve problems and conundrums
- Able to utilise Sketch and Adobe products
Submitting Job Application
To apply for this position, please submit the documents listed below to email@example.com
- Resume that lists past experience & products/projects
- Brief introduction of yourself and motivations to apply for this position
- Designs of past works, preferably live examples
- Sketches to showcase your thought process
As a test to ensure only candidates with an eye for detail gets through (and you have read the entire listing), please let us know your favorite sports in the email.