About the Job
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Experience: 1+ years in managing/coordinating software releases (preferably mobile apps)
Answerable to: Head of Product Vision
This position is under DriveMark Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned company of KATSANA Holdings Sdn Bhd.
DriveMark is a rewards ecosystem for safe drivers. Through DriveMark app, it tracks and scores driving behavior, allowing drivers to compete in national ranking to win prizes and fairer motor insurance.
We are looking for an ambitious product manager to join DriveMark Product Vision team where you will work closely with other product managers to create highly impactful & engaging features for encourage drivers to be safer.
Your team will work closely with DriveMark Core Systems department, Operations department, UI/UX consultants, sales & conversion team, customers and partners, marketing team, customer success team and the management to bring out the most innovative behavior-based motor insurance application in the region.
You are expected to:
- be customer-obsessed. You will communicate with customers, take on complex challenges and simplify them to encourage safer driving behavior
- set a high bar across the board by contributing to the people you work with, and to the products you work on
- Formulate, champion and constantly rationalize product roadmap with guidance from Head of Product Vision
- be an ambassador of road safety and DriveMark mission to make safer roads for all.
- be data-driven; you regularly seek out and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
- A ‘driver’ personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplified – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels
- Have enough technical knowledge to gain the respect of software engineers
- Experience working effectively with remote/offshore teams
- Experience working within a high-growth technology environments
An ideal DriveMark Software Product Manager (Junior) would have the characters below:
- Be an avangelist of the product both internally and externally
- Be a visionary. Plan, own and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap, including long-term vision, milestone and prioritization
- Be structured. Collect and maintain a deep understanding of product’s use-case, synthesized from customers, would-be customers, and management direction interviews, market data analysis, and user feedback.
- Be innovative. Bring innovative, unique product ideas for consideration of roadmap
- Be detailed. Able to write detailed requirements of product features based on well-defined use cases.
- Be expressive. Able to illustrate your ideas to product team managers through sketches, or other mediums, including digital.
- 1+ years in designing consumer products
- 1+ years in managing teams of products managers
- Successful track record with ability to articulate thoughts through design
- Demonstrable design-thinking methodology
- Passion for digging into complex, hard-to-solve problems and conundrums
- Experience leading teams that have shipped both mobile apps as well as web applications
Submitting Job Application
To apply for this position, please submit the documents listed below to [email protected]
- Resume that lists past experience & products/projects
- Brief introduction of yourself and motivations to apply for this position
- Designs of past works, preferably live examples
- Sketches to showcase your thought process
As a test to ensure only candidates with an eye for detail gets through (and you have read the entire listing), please let us know your favorite sports in the email.