About the Position
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Experience: 3 years minimum in Android development & quality assurance
Answerable to: Head of Engineering, DriveMark Core Systems Department
Note: This position is under DriveMark Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned company of KATSANA Holdings Sdn Bhd.
DriveMark is a rewards ecosystem for safe drivers. Through DriveMark app, it tracks and scores driving behavior, allowing drivers to compete in national ranking to win prizes and fairer motor insurance.
The DriveMark engineering team produces one of the most impactful solutions ever. We are transforming motor insurance by making drivers safer on the road, collecting hundreds of thousands of trips daily and million of kilometers of data.
As a Mobile Quality Assurance Engineer (Android), you will be working closely with Android Mobile Engineer (Core Services), Android Engineers and DriveMark Core Systems department to discover and locate bugs, improve automatic trip detection (DriveMark Beacon SDK), and ensure compatibility of DriveMark features across Android mobile devices and variants.
Your primary responsibilities would be:
- Work closely with Android Mobile Engineer (Core Services) to test DriveMark Beacon SDK on as many Android devices as possible, proposing methods to ensure SDK to run on heavily-throttled devices.
- Tests algorithm and logic of DriveMark Beacon SDK in real-world situation which may require you to drive, ride motorcycle, or taking public transportations.
- Run experiments with Core Services engineer to reduce energy footprint for DriveMark Beacon SDK to run,
- Replicate and identify errors submitted by users
- Designing and executing tests of new features, logging bugs, meeting with Product Vision and Core Systems teams to work out design details, analyzing logs to look for clues that cause unexpected behavior, and suggest fixes for engineers.
This position might suits you if you:
- Notice inconsistencies and unexpected patterns and feel driven to figure out the origin
- Have ever learned new software on your own to make things simpler/faster/easier to do
- Like to build your own tools to solve problems
- People likes to reach out to you to ask for advise, or input on technical challenges
- Excel in identifying assumptions and gaps in logic
- A curious, adaptable, methodical and structured person
We expect the candidate to have at least 3 years experience in mobile development/quality assurance with the criteria below:
- BS or MS degree in a Science or Engineering subject, or equivalent experience in a technical role
- Working knowledge of one or more programming language (does not need to be advanced)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take minimal direction and figure out the details (e.g. by reading documentation, experiment with the software, or asking questions)
Candidates with the following experience will be highly desirous:
- Working familiarity with Android
Submitting Job Application
To apply for this position, please submit the documents listed below to email@example.com
- CV or Resume
- Brief introduction of yourself and motivations to apply for this position
- Link to Github profile/projects if available
- Sample of previous projects if available (Preferably in production site)
As a test to ensure only candidates with an eye for detail gets through (and you have read the entire listing), please let us know your favorite food in the email.