About the Position
Location: Jakarta/Bandung, Indonesia
Experience: 1-3 years minimum in Android development (Junior-to-Mid)
Mode: 2 years Contract
Answerable to: Head of Engineering, DriveMark Core Systems team
Note: This position is under DriveMark Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned company of KATSANA Holdings Sdn Bhd.
DriveMark is a rewards ecosystem for safe drivers. Through DriveMark app, it tracks and scores driving behavior, allowing drivers to compete in national ranking to win prizes and fairer motor insurance.
The DriveMark engineering team produces one of the most impactful solutions ever. We are transforming motor insurance by making drivers safer on the road, collecting hundreds of thousands of trips daily and million of kilometers of data.
As a native Android Mobile Engineer in DriveMark, you will be part of a growing mobile team focused on using technologies to solve complex business problems in motor insurance industry. You will be working closely with DriveMark Core System Department to integrate mobile applications with DriveMark platform. You are expected to use and explore technologies such as Kotlin, Java, and other latest tools for Android.
You will collaborate and working closely with the iOS team to ensure that behavior and experience of using DriveMark apps are consistent, feature parity on both mobile platforms, and also follow similar architectural principles.
You will work closely with Product Vision team, Mobile Quality Assurance Engineer and DriveMark Core Systems team to ensure continuous delivery of DriveMark applications to users.
Your primary responsibilities would be:
- Building amazing mobile application experience using latest technologies (e.g. Kotlin, MVVM), answering directly to Head of Engineering, DriveMark Core Systems team
- Collaborate with iOS team to ensure feature parity between mobile platforms
- Work closely with Product Vision team to help define future of DriveMark mobile experience on Android
- Self initiated and be responsible for architecture, engineering and success of DriveMark Android app
- Responsible for planning and releasing DriveMark app on Google Play Store
- Assist Head of Engineering on defining development timeline, including alpha/beta testing phases
Experience in Android Development
We are looking for talents that possess relevant experience below:
- At least 3 apps shipped on Play Store
- 1-3 years of professional experience in developing Android applications with a team environment
- Solid Java experience
- Familiarity with MVP and MVVM design patterns
You are expected to be:
- Methodical in running experimentation
- Able to document your thought process and development progress
- Excited in learning new methods and techniques
- Communicative and able to work well with others
Candidates with the following experience will be highly desirous:
- Game design, architecture
- Active participation in Open Source projects
- Technical blogging or coaching or documentations in blog posts
- Experience with Kotlin, RxJava
- Profiling techniques
Submitting Job Application
To apply for this position, please submit the documents listed below to [email protected]
- CV or Resume
- Brief introduction of yourself and motivations to apply for this position
- Link to Github profile/projects if available
- Sample of previous projects if available (Preferably in production site)
As a test to ensure only candidates with an eye for detail gets through (and you have read the entire listing), please let us know your favorite book in the email.